Before a Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) event making sure:
- Clear property of excess, dead, and highly flammable vegetation. Trim grass and vegetation at least 30 feet around your home.
- Identify your unique/critical water needs and plan ahead.
- If you have a backup generator, test it and ensure it’s ready to operate safely.
- Store a minimum of two gallons of water per person per day, enough to last three to seven days, and don’t forget your pets. The more water you can store, the better.
- Your contact information is updated with Soquel Creek Water District and your local energy company.