Start / Stop Service
To Start Service & Open an Account
To open a water service account with the District, you can:
- Call the District's Customer Service Department at 831-475-8500, option 3
- Stop by our office at 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, during our regular business hours:
- Monday: Closed
Tuesday – Friday: 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM, 1:30–4:00 PM
- Monday: Closed
There is no fee for opening a new account.
The following information will be needed to open an account:
- Full Name and Social Security Number (SSN) of the account holder
- The District does not allow you to provide SSNs through our website for security reasons. If you open your account using the fillable form, you will be contacted by a billing representative to provide your SSN via phone.
- Your SSN will be used to verify your identity through a consumer reporting agency. Account information, including billing information, will only be released to the account holder to safeguard your privacy.
- A deposit will be required if a SSN is not provided.
- Service address (the location where water service is provided)
- Billing address (where you'd like your water bill mailed)
- Telephone number and email address
- Date you'd like the water service to begin
You may not open an account for another person. If you wish to allow someone else access to your account information you will need to add them as an authorized user. Both account holders and authorized users will be asked to verify their identity before account information is released.
If the water at your new address is off and a District employee must come out to turn it back on, you may be required to meet them at the service address. There is no charge for this service. The District requires 24-hour advance notice for scheduling.
To Stop Service & Close an Account
To close your water service account with the District you can:
- Call the District's Customer Service Department at 831-475-8500 option 3
- Stop by our office at 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, during our regular business hours of 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday
- Email the billing department
There is no fee for closing your account.
Charges will continue to be added on an account until the District is notified by the account holder to stop service. The account holder will be responsible for all charges billed to the account up to the date the District is notified to stop service.
If you would like information about water service for new construction, refer to our Construction page.