Board Meetings & Standing Committees
IMPORTANT MEETING UPDATES DUE TO COVID-19
In response to COVID-19 (coronavirus), the Governor’s state of emergency and subsequent executive orders, and the order by the Health Officer of the County of Santa Cruz to shelter-in-place, Soquel Creek Water District’s Board Meetings will be held remotely via teleconference.
Remote meeting access information (meeting link and phone number) will be posted on each agenda.
Request to Speak Form for Remotely Conducted Board Meetings
To facilitate effective and efficient remote Board Meetings, people wishing to address the Board during a Board Meeting on an item not listed on the agenda (Oral Communications – Item 5.0), or any item listed on the agenda, will need to submit a Request to Speak Form to the Board Clerk via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Request to Speak forms must be submitted by 3 pm, on the day of the Board Meeting.
Please note that all attendees will join remotely conducted Board Meetings on mute. When agenda items are considered, District staff will unmute those who have submitted a Request to Speak form by the deadline. The information provided above will allow staff to identify and unmute those who wish to provide oral comments.
With the exception of requiring a Request to Speak form, the District’s current Oral and Written Communication Guidelines, including public comment time allowances and written communication procedures, remain in effect for remote Board Meetings. Please note that your name is not required if you wish to provide public comment anonymously. However, due to the need to unmute speakers, please include some identifier in your Request to Speak form, so staff can appropriately identify you and allow you to provide comment.
Standing Committee Meetings
The Board currently has three standing committees that are tasked to review, study, and discuss proposals, reports, and issues. The committees advise and recommend actions to the Board of Directors on these topics, and provide feedback to the General Manager and staff. The schedule for the standing committees are:
- Water Resources Management and Infrastructure – 2nd Tuesday every other month at 4:00 pm
- Public Outreach – 2nd Tuesday every other month at 10:30 am
- Finance and Administrative Services – 4th Monday quarterly at 4:00 pm
Request to Speak Form for Remotely Conducted Standing Committee Meetings
To facilitate effective and efficient remote standing committee meetings, people wishing to address the Committee, (Oral Communications – Item 2.0) will need to submit a Request to Speak Form to the Board Clerk via email (email@example.com). Request to Speak forms must be submitted by 3 pm on the Monday of the week of the standing committee meeting.
Board Meeting Videos
Recorded meetings can be viewed anytime on the District’s website. It should be noted that Community Television (CTV) removed the District's videos prior to January 2018 from its archive site, and District staff is working to upload them and make them available once again.
2021 Board Meeting Files
You can find all the 2021 Board Meeting and standing committee meeting agendas, packets and attachments on the events calendar linked below.
- January 19, 2021 Board Meeting
- January 25, 2021 Finance & Administrative Services Committee Meeting - CANCELLED
- February 2, 2021 Board Meeting
- February 9, 2021 Public Outreach Committee Meeting
- February 9, 2021 Water Resources Management & Infrastructure Committee Meeting
- February 16, 2021 Board Meeting
- March 2, 2021 Board Meeting
- March 16, 2021 Board Meeting
- April 6, 2021 Board Meeeting
- April 13, 2021 Water Resources Management & Infrastructure Committee Meeting
- April 15, 2021 Public Outreach Committee Meeting - RESCHEDULED
- April 20, 2021 Board Meeting
- April 26, 2021 Finance & Administrative Services Committee Meeting