Join Soquel Creek Water District, The Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County and Santa Cruz County Parks for a Free Family Fun Day about water!
Water Harvest Festival Schedule Saturday October 20th:
12 pm- 3 pm 14 activity booths, face painting, tours of the park. Pick up your activity passport from the welcome table hosted by Capitola Veterinary Hospital.
12pm-2pm Enter your name in the costume contest.
1pm-2pm: The Banana Slug String Band Duet will play songs about watersheds and the animals that live in them!
2:15 Costume Contest parade and judging.
2:45 Costume Contest winners announced and prizes given!
Hands-on activities and information tables will be hosted by:
- Allterra Solar - water and solar power
- Central Fire District - fire hydrants and fire trucks
- Love's Gardens - water-wise gardening, rain water harvesting, greywater and irrigation parts to put together
- Monterey Bay Salmon and Trout Project - "How much rainwater can we use?" activity and "Watershed Hand"
- Mosquito Abatement of Santa Cruz County - rain tanks and mosquito display
- Museum of Discovery of Santa Cruz - polluted water clean up and rain gauges
- Resource Conservation District of Santa Cruz County - fish painting
- San Lorenzo Lumber - rain tanks and irrigation parts and pieces
- Santa Cruz County Parks Department - tours of the park and water at the parks
- Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Agency - groundwater model and aquifer bean bag toss
- Santa Cruz Natural History Museum - local geology and groundwater permeability activity
- Save Our Shores - watershed model and how to protect the ocean water
- Soquel Creek Water District - Water Education trailer, rain tank auction and bubble art
- Water Conservation Coalition of Santa Cruz County - Water Trivia Game Wheel
Read the press release for more details.
Getting there: There is limited free public parking around the park. Ride your bike or take the bus to minimize traffic. The closest bus stop; corner of Main St. and Soquel Dr. served by bus #69W and #71