RFQ for Operations and Maintenance At-Risk for the Treatment Project of the Pure Water Soquel Program
Thank you for your interest!
This RFQ will allow the District to create a prequalified list of Operations Maintenance At Risk (OMAR) Respondents that will be available to work with Treatment Project design-build Respondents as they develop their proposals. Project information provided in this RFQ for the treatment facilities, conveyance system and SWIP/injection wells is for OMAR Respondent’s reference only. Ultimately, a water treatment facility Operator (OMAR Firm) will be selected for the OMAR Project and will collaborate with the selected Treatment and Conveyance Design-Builders.
This is not a Design-Build-Operate (DBO) solicitation. However, the intent of this procurement and delivery arrangement is to realize the operational and lifecycle efficiency benefits of operator involvement in treatment design and construction while collaborating with a design-builder. In lieu of a DBO arrangement, the District intends to implement a procurement and contracting approach referred to herein as “Operations and Maintenance at Risk” or “OMAR” to realize many of the benefits of a DBO approach.
The scope of this solicitation is the procurement of OMAR services for the Advanced Water Purification Facility (AWPF), including the following:
- Enter into a professional services contract to support the AWPF Project’s definition and design with the District’s design-builder
- Provide operations services to the AWPF Project’s design-builder in support of the commissioning and Acceptance of the Project
- Upon the AWPF Project’s Acceptance, enter into a long-term, performance-focused operations agreement with the District
The deadline to submit an SOQ is Friday, September 20, 2019 at 3:00 pm, PST.
Please note that specific questions about this RFQ or the process should be emailed directly to: PWSomar@soquelcreekwater.org
Tentative Schedule (for additional dates, please see RFQ)
- Release RFQ- August 9, 2019
- Responses to Project Questions Due - September 6, 2019
- SOQ Due: September 20, 2019 at 2:00 pm
- Qualified List Released: Anticipated Mid October 2019
- Second Step interview/Fee Proposal: Anticipated January 2020
- Select and Award: Anticipated late January 2020
Interested Parties are encouraged to periodically check this page for any addenda or further updates regarding the procurements and this RFQ.
To access the Download File(s) Page, you will be required to enter your contact information. Click Here