The Media Center is designed for quick access of up-to-date information for people in the media, our customers and other members of the community. Please help yourself.
For the most current information:
- We publish a monthly e-blast with up-to-date information.
- We publish latest news on our website
- We run a monthly column in the Capitola/Soquel and Aptos Times called "Water Wisdom"
- Visit our Facts, Figures, and Maps page on our website
For Handouts, Quick Links, Fact Sheets, Reports, and Videos
Water Shortage and Seawater Intrusion
- 'What is seawater intrusion?' Video (2-min video)
- Map of Seawater Intrusion (.jpg)
- DWR's Map of Critically Overdrafted Groundwater Basins (Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Basin is one of 21 designated basins in the State (.pdf)
- Quick Link to District's webpage on seawater intrusion
- Quick Link to Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Agency Website
Community Water Plan
- 2017 Community Water Plan Progress Report (.pdf) and 2016 Community Water Plan Report (.pdf)
- Interactive Community Water Plan Story Map (on-line tool)
- Community Water Plan Video (2-min video)
- The Official Water Conservation Guide for Santa Cruz County
- Rules of Water Waste for 2015
- Help Brochure for 2015 (Rebates, Resources, and More)
Supplemental Water Supply Options
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Pure Water Soquel, Groundwater Replenishment with Potable Reuse Option
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Surface Water Transfers Options
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Desalination Option
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Stormwater Capture Option
Link to our Reports Library
Link to our Video Library
Melanie Mow Schumacher, P.E.
Special Projects - Communications Manager