Start/Stop Service

To Start Service and Open An Account

To open a water service account with the District you can:

  1. Call the District's Customer Service Department at (831)475-8500
  2. Or  stop by our office at 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, during our regular business hours of 8am - 5pm, Monday - Friday.  

There is no fee for opening a new account.

Information Needed

The following information will be requested to open an account:

  • Full Name and Social Security Number (SSN) of the account holder.
    • To ensure your privacy the District does not allow the submission of SSNs through our website. If you open your account using the fillable form below you will be contacted by a customer service representative to provide your SSN.  
    • Your SSN will be verified through a consumer reporting agency to validate your identity.  Account information, including billing information, will only be released to the account holder. 
    • A deposit will be required if a SSN is not provided.  
  • Service Address (location where you'd like water to be served to)
  • Billing Address (where you'd like your water bill be sent to)
  • Telephone Number and Email Address
  • Date you'd like the water service to begin

You may not establish an account for another person. If you wish to allow another individual access to your account information you will need to add them as an authorized user to your account.  Both account holders and those authorized for access will be asked to verify their identity in future communications before account information is released.

If the water at your new address is off and a District employee must come out to turn it back on, your presence may be required. There is no charge for this service. In most situations, the District requires 24 hour advance notice. 

To Stop Service and Close an Account

To close you water service account with the District you can:

  • Call the District's Customer Service Department at (831) 475-8500
  • Or  stop by our office at 5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, during our regular business hours of 8am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.  
  • Or email us at 

There is no fee for closing your account.

Charges will continue to accrue on an account until the District is notified by the account holder to discontinue service.  The account holder will be responsible for all charges incurred up to the date of notification.

New Building?

If you would like information about installing a new service lateral for a new building, first read the Water Demand Offset information page to get started and then fill out the application for new service form below.

Application for New Service