Pay My Bill/Manage Account
About Your Water Bill
Water accounts are billed every month. Meters are consistently read as close to 30 days from the prior read as possible and bills are issued on Mondays. The District typically sends a paper copy of the monthly water bill to its customers in the mail, but paperless billing is available through the Online Bill Pay Program. Customers can still have the option of receiving a paper copy and can modify their preference at any time.
To see the current Rates and Service Fees visit https://www.soquelcreekwater.org/current-rates-and-fees
Bills are due on or before the due date specified on your billing statement. Delinquent accounts will have a $10 late payment charge added. In order to avoid the late fee, your payment must be received by the District billing office by 5:00 pm on the date it is due.
If for any reason you fail to receive a bill as scheduled, please notify the District office immediately. Charges continue in the name of the current customer until the District is notified of intent to discontinue service. For questions regarding your bill, contact our customer service department at (831) 475-8500, Option 3, or email customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org. For circumstances requiring immediate attention or regarding late payments, please contact the District by phone at (831) 475-8500, Option 3, during business hours in order to avoid a disruption in service.
How to Pay Your Water Bill
To make things easier for customers we give you the opportunity to pay your bill in a number of ways.
- Online Bill Pay - The Online Bill Pay Program allows you to pay your bill online 24/7 from the convenience of work or home using your Visa, Mastercard, American Express (Amex), Discover or electronic check*. As of May 2019 you have a NEW ACCOUNT Number. You will need the new number to enroll in online services. Your account number should be entered as shown on your bill.
- Auto Pay- Auto Pay is a service that allows you to have your monthly water bill paid automatically from your checking account or your Mastercard, Visa, Amex, or Discover account. By enrolling in our AutoPay Program, you authorize your bank to automatically deduct funds from your checking/savings account or to charge your credit card on a monthly basis to pay your water bill.
- Sign up for our Online Bill Pay Program using your email address and account number.
- Once registered, select the Auto Pay option under Customer Water Bills - Pay Account and enter your credit card or checking account* information to enroll in Auto Pay. Make sure to select a payment date that is at least 5 days earlier than your due date to avoid any courtesy reminder phone calls.
- Credit card or checking account information can be changed at any time by selecting Payment Information under the My Profile tab on the payment website. Please contact customer service at (831) 475-8500, option 3, if you require assistance.
- Phone - You can make a payment over the phone, 24 hours a day with our automated payment system. Have your water and financial account numbers handy and you can make payment with Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover or checking account information. Call (831) 475-8500, Option 2, to access this service.
- Drop Box - The District offers two drop box locations at our headquarters office at 5180 Soquel Drive, one near the front entrance and one in the parking lot behind our office. All payments dropped into the box are picked up by 8:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Please include your account number and check made out to Soquel Creek Water District. No cash please. If you have received a notice of discontinuance, payments received in the drop box after 8:30 a.m. may not be processed in time to avoid disruption of service.
- Walk-in - Payments may also be made at the District office, located at 5180 Soquel Drive, during regular business hours. You can pay your bill with cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, Amex or Discover. And, while you’re at our office, pick up some water wise brochures that offer tips on ways you can save water or a free low-flow showerhead, faucet aerator or leak detection dye tablet available to all District customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. The Online Bill Pay Program allows you to use the internet to access, view, and pay your water bill with your Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Discover, or electronic check 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from wherever you have internet access.
Is there a fee to use the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. No, there is no transaction fee to use the Online Bill Pay Program. However, your financial institution may have a charge.
How soon will my online payment reach you? If my water service is about to be shut off, may I make an online payment?
A. Online payments made through our website post to your billing account immediately. If you have received a notice of discontinuance, online payment must be made the day prior to the cutoff date indicated on the notice to avoid additional delinquent fees.
Will I continue to receive bills by mail?
A. You can sign up for e-billing through the Online Bill Pay Program. You can select e-bills only, or opt to receive both a paper bill and an e-bill.
Can I write electronic checks?
A. Yes, payments can be made online using Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover, or an electronic check.
Once enrolled in the Online Bill Pay Program, do I have to keep making my payments online?
A. You may still make your payments by mail, phone or in person while enrolled in the Online Bill Pay Program. You may cancel your enrollment in the Online Bill Pay Program at any time.
What if I forget my user name or password for the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. You may reset either or both at any time. For security reasons passwords are not disclosed to District personnel, so you will be sent a new password at the email address you designated during enrollment in the Online Bill Pay Program.
Is it safe? How secure is my personal information?
A. Your personal data is protected through network and database security using industry standard Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt information to and from the site and other firewall and intrusion protections.
What to do if Your Bill is Past Due
Under the guidance of Senate Bill 998 (SB 998), the Water Shutoff Protection Act, the District is required to provide a written policy for discontinuation of water service due to non-payment. Customers who need to discuss options for averting discontinuation of water service for non-payment under the terms of this policy can call a Billing Representative at (831) 475-8500, option 3.
The District's Collection Policy can be accessed below:
A word about Online Banking
If your financial institution offers pay-by-phone or computer-based home banking, you have the option of paying your bill through these electronic services. For information on availability of pay-by-phone or computer-based home banking, contact your financial institution. Payment made through your bank does not arrive at the District the same day funds are withdrawn from your account, so do not make your payment online through your bank if you have received a notice of discontinuance that your water service is scheduled to be disconnected because of non-payment. The customer is responsible for all delinquent charges that may be assessed if payment is not received by the due date.
Notice regarding disputed bills: To initiate a complaint or request an investigation concerning service or charges, contact the customer service supervisor at (831) 475-8501 ext. 157.
* A $25 fee is charged for all returned payments.