The Granite Way Well Site Improvements project connects a new well pump to the existing 8-inch raw water pipe below grade, which carries the well water to a local iron and manganese treatment facility. The District has supplied and installed the well pump and built the well head pedestal, and is in the process of procuring the electrical cabinet with the Motor Control Center, VFD, PG&E service. The Contractor shall furnish all labor, materials, equipment and incidentals required to complete the site improvements, pipe and valve improvements, and the installation and connection of the variable frequency drive and associated electrical/controls panel, and supplying and installing the PG&E transformer and joint trench as listed below.
The work includes:
- Grading, fence and gate installation, aggregate base and bollards
- Pumping manifold piping, flow meter and valving
- Well pump to waste discharge piping and storm drain connection.
- Installation of electrical panels, wiring, testing and concrete pads
- Coordination of District supplied instrumentation and controls for manual and remote automation
- Installation of PG&E transformer and PG&E side conduit
- And all other incidental work in Aptos, California.