The Media Center is designed for quick access to up-to-date information for people in the media, our customers and other members of the community. Please help yourself.
For the Most Current Information
- We publish a monthly e-blast with up-to-date information.
- We publish latest news on our website.
- We run a monthly column in the Capitola/Soquel and Aptos Times called "Water Wisdom".
- Visit our Facts, Figures, and Maps page on our website.
For Handouts, Quick Links, Fact Sheets, Reports & Videos
Water Shortage & Seawater Intrusion
- 'What Is Seawater Intrusion?' Video (2-Minute Video)
- DWRs Map of Critically Overdrafted Groundwater Basins (PDF) (Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Basin is one of 21 designated basins in the State.)
- Map of Seawater Intrusion (JPG)
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Seawater Intrusion
- Quick Link to Santa Cruz Mid-County Groundwater Agency Website
Community Water Plan
- 2017 Community Water Plan Progress Report (PDF) and 2016 Community Water Plan Report (PDF)
- Community Water Plan Video (2-Minute Video)
- Interactive Community Water Plan Story Map (Online Tool)
- Help Brochure for 2015 (Rebates, Resources, and More) (PDF)
- The Official Water Conservation Guide for Santa Cruz County (PDF)
- Rules of Water Waste for 2015 (PDF)
Supplemental Water Supply Options
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Desalination Option
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Pure Water Soquel, Groundwater Replenishment with Potable Reuse Option
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Stormwater Capture Option
- Quick Link to District's Webpage on Surface Water Transfers Options