File a Claim of Damage

Procedure for Filing a Claim

  • Pursuant to the Government Code, you have six months from the date of the damage to your personal property in which to file a valid claim before the Soquel Creek Water District.
  • In order for your claim to be considered, all requested information must be completed, especially for item Number 3; date, time, and place.
  • Please note that if you are filing a claim for alleged damages to your personal property it is not necessary to provide your social security number and date of birth under item Number 1. This information is required only if you are filing a claim for bodily injury.
  • Claims in excess of $2,500 must be submitted a week prior to a Board of Directors Meeting. Board Meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of each month. After completing the form, please keep a copy for your records.
  • In the event you have any questions with respect to the completion of this claim, please feel free to call upon us for assistance at 831-475-8500.
  • File a claim