- Commercial Showerhead
Up to $50 when you replace an existing showerhead with a 1.5 gallon per minute showerhead that is EPA WaterSense-approved. The rebate amount cannot exceed the cost of the showerhead. Sales tax and labor are not included.
Replacing your showerheads with water-efficient, well-performing models can help you save water, energy, and money. We offer a rebate of up to $25 when you replace an existing showerhead with a 1.5 gallon per minute (gpm) showerhead that is EPA WaterSense® approved.
Replacing a normal 2.5 gpm showerhead with a 1.5 gpm showerhead saves about 5 gallons of water for every 5-minute shower. Over a year, the water savings really adds up (especially if you have teenagers in the household)! You'll also use less energy to heat that water.
Take advantage of the growing selection of effective and efficient 1.5 gpm showerheads hitting the market. This rebate offers flexibility and choice to our customers interested in replacing old, wasteful showerheads.
In addition to setting water efficiency standards, the WaterSense label ensures that these products provide a satisfactory shower that is equal to or better than conventional showerheads on the market. To achieve the WaterSense label, showerheads are tested and must meet criteria related to spray intensity, spray pattern, and pressure compensation. When purchasing showerheads, look for the WaterSense logo to ensure you obtain a quality product and satisfy this rebate condition.
For more information on the WaterSense program for showerheads and a complete listing of WaterSense-approved models, visit the EPA website.
Alert! The WaterSense efficiency standard of 2.0 gpm (or less) is higher than the 1.5 gpm (or less) flow rate required to qualify for the District's rebate. Check the manufacturer's specifications to make sure the flow rate is 1.5 gpm or less before purchasing your WaterSense approved showerhead.
Showerhead Rebate Eligibility
Complete rebate eligibility requirements are listed on the Commercial Showerhead Rebate Application (PDF). However, we still want you to be aware of the following:
- Showerheads must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase date.
- Showerheads must have a flow rate of 1.5 gallons per minute or less and be EPA WaterSense-approved.
- The maximum number of showerhead rebates is limited to the number of qualifying showerheads in the residence.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires all rebate program participants receiving $600 or more per calendar year in rebates to be issued an IRS Form 1099 unless exemptions apply. If you have received rebates from Soquel Creek Water District (SqCWD) totaling $600 or more in the current calendar year, you must submit a completed IRS W-9 Form (PDF) with your rebate application to receive a rebate. The Social Security or Tax ID number requested in the rebate application process is in compliance with exemptions to the Federal Privacy Act of 1974, 42 UCS 405 (c)(2)(c). Social Security numbers provided as part of the application process are held in confidence under terms of the Privacy Act and are not divulged or otherwise conveyed to individuals or organizations outside the SqCWD Rebate Program.
Partial List of Qualifying Showerhead Models
Although we do not endorse specific manufacturers, products, or retailers, we recognize that it can be time-consuming and sometimes difficult for customers to identify and locate showerheads that meet our rebate qualifications. As a service to our customers, we provide a partial list of links to qualifying showerhead models. If you are a customer, product manufacturer, retailer, etc. and would like to add to our list, please call us at 831-475-8500 or email the Conservation Department.
- Danze Mono Chic 4.5 inch
- Delta single setting showerhead model RP46384
- Delta Square model RP51032
- Delta Water Efficient Showerhead model 52634-15-BG
- Delta Water Efficient Showerhead model RP54752
- Evolve Showerheads 1.5 gpm single function and hand held.
- Moen Chrome one function 3.5 inch