- Pool Covers
50% of the purchase price up to $75 (excluding sales tax), whichever is less.
Pool covers can significantly reduce water loss due to evaporation, reducing the amount of make-up water you need to add to your pool. Additionally, pool covers can reduce chemical costs and the amount of time and/or money spent on cleaning the pool. If you have a heated pool, a well-fitting cover is essential to retain heat, minimize evaporation and lower your energy costs. When you purchase and install a pool cover, receive a $75 rebate, or 50% of the purchase price of a pool cover, whichever is less.
A properly fitted pool cover reduces water and evaporation and reduces the amount of make-up water you have to add to your pool. The California Energy Commission's Consumer Energy Center website states that a pool cover can reduce evaporation by up to 70%.
If you need additional information on our pool cover rebate, please call our Conservation Department at 831-475-8500.
Pool Cover Rebate Eligibility
Complete rebate eligibility requirements are listed on the Pool Cover Rebate Application (PDF). However, we still want you to be aware of the following conditions:
- Rebate applies to the new pool cover only. Parts, sales tax, and labor are not included.
- Pool covers must be installed and rebate applications must be postmarked within 90 days of the purchase date.
- Rebate only applies to new covers specifically made for pools.
- To achieve the maximum water-saving benefit, the pool cover must be used at all times except for when the pool is in use or is being cleaned or maintained.
- The rebate applies to both manual and automatic pool covers.
- The maximum number of pool cover rebates is one per pool.
- Pool cover must be well-fitting to minimize evaporation.
- A representative of Soquel Creek Water District (SqCWD) must be permitted to inspect the property to verify installation and proper fit prior to rebate approval.
- The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requires all rebate program participants receiving $600 or more per calendar year in rebates to be issued an IRS Form 1099 unless exemptions apply. If you have received rebates from SqCWD totaling $600 or more in the current calendar year, you must submit a completed IRS W-9 Form (PDF) with your rebate application to receive a rebate. The Social Security or Tax ID number requested in the rebate application process is in compliance with exemptions to the Federal Privacy Act of 1974, 42 UCS 405 (c)(2)(c). Social Security numbers provided as part of the application process are held in confidence under terms of the Privacy Act and are not divulged or otherwise conveyed to individuals or organizations outside the SqCWD Rebate Program.