Who We Are
The Soquel Creek Water District is a nonprofit, local government agency that provides water resource management within its service area to deliver a safe and reliable supply of high-quality water to meet present and future needs in an environmentally sensitive and economically responsible way.
Our Core Values
Our values represent the District's culture and address the question "What do we stand for?". Core questions accompany our core values and should be asked when major policy decisions are being considered by the Board and/or when day-to-day business actions are being conducted by our employees to determine if the decision/action is in conformance with our core values.
- Fairness, Honesty, and Ethics
- Core Value Question: Does the decision/action treat all concerned fairly, honestly, and ethically?
- Customer Service
- Core Value Question: Does the decision/action reflect high-quality customer service?
- Environmental Stewardship
- Core Value Question: Does the decision/action consider the impact on the environment and ways to protect it?
- Core Value Question: Does the decision/action promote collaboration with others?
- Commitment and Dedication
- Core Value Question: Does the decision/action show commitment and dedication to support the mission of the District?
Our goals are broad statements that illustrate our desired outcomes. These primary goals address the question "What does the District aim to achieve?"
- Water Resource Management and Sustainability: Implement sustainable and environmentally protective solutions to meet the water supply needs of our customers and the community.
- Infrastructure and Delivery: Maintain a reliable water infrastructure and delivery of high-quality, safe water.
- Community Engagement and Trust: Establish and foster excellent relationships and communication with our customers, key stakeholders, and the community to build trust in our agency.
- Fiscal Responsibility: Ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Customer Service: Provide exceptional customer service.
- Workforce and Organizational Excellence: Expand employee development, maintain workforce excellence, and support strong board governance.