Outreach to our community and our customers is extremely important to Soquel Creek Water District. We strive to be an accessible community partner and help our community learn about and understand our local water supply.
- Request a Presentation by our Speakers' Bureau (for community groups, professional organizations, neighborhood and HOAs, church groups, etc.).
- Request a Facility Tour of a well, pump station or water tank.
- Request a presentation or tour through our Education Program (preschool through college).
- Stop by and visit us at a local community event.
Presentations & Speakers
Do you have an upcoming meeting where your members may be interested in learning about our mid-county water issues such as groundwater, water reliability, water conservation, and long-term actions towards sustainability? We are available to speak to small and large groups. We frequently present to our local Rotary clubs, Chamber of Commerces, Kiwanis clubs, Surfrider, Aptos Community United Methodist Church, Cliffwood Estates - just to name a few.
To invite a speaker to a meeting, please try to make arrangements at least three weeks in advance by contacting Becca Rubin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you ever wondered how water from your tap gets there? What does the Water District do to make sure that it's safe and clean to drink? Soquel Creek Water District offers tours to small groups and classes year-round to give our students and community residents an opportunity to learn more about the District, encourage an open dialogue, and to answer questions. We also provide 'Open Public Tours' twice a year. Tours are a great 'behind the scenes' way to view our facilities, learn how our water system works, meet and greet District representatives. You are always welcome to understand your water supply
The District provides free innovative student water education programs that are available to students and teachers from preschool through college in any public, private or home school within our service area.
Request a tour of a water well or a water tank. Many wells are within walking distance of many schools and can be an easy field trip. Grade appropriate class presentations are also available.
- Preschool to 2nd grade classes learn about the water works and the people who run it by building a model water system.
- 3rd-4th grade classes learn about drought tolerant plants and rainfall patterns.
- 5th-8th grades learn about our local water resources, groundwater and water conservation.
- High School to College learn about water supply projects, seawater intrusion issues and water conserving technology.
Class sets of water awareness activity books are available for many grade levels.
To request a tour of one of our facilities for a small group or class, please contact Vai Campbell at 831.475.8501x142 or email@example.com. Please submit your request at least three weeks in advance and include the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address of the contact person requesting a tour
- Preferred Date (Monday- Friday) and preferred time (between 9am and 3pm)
- Name of organization or school
Throughout the year, staff and boardmembers from Soquel Creek Water District attend community events such as Earth Day Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz County Fair, the Capitola/Soquel and Aptos Chamber of Commerces' Business Showcase, and more. With fun facts, games, and water conservation giveways, we get to talk with thousands of customers and residents about all things water related.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to invite us to your next water-smart event.
Featured artists in the District art gallery halls
Local artists are featured in the District's art halls, lobby and meeting room. See the art halls webpage to see who the featured artist is or inquire about showing your art.