The environmental review process, under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) provides many ways for the public to get involved and comment during the process.
****NOTE: A revised Notice of Preparation that an environmental impact report (EIR) has been prepared to reflect recent changes to the project . The 30-day scoping period is June 22 - July 22 , 2017 ******
How to Participate in Scoping Period
The general public, interested parties, and community members can:
Read and Learn about the proposed Pure Water Soquel Project
- Revised Notice of Preparation and Initial Study (NOP/IS) (.pdf document, 2.6MB, June 2017) - Read the NOP/IS document to learn more about the project and scope of the EIR. Hard Copy is available at the District Office (5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel) NOP is also posted at several Santa Cruz County Library branches (Capitola Library, Central Public Library, Live Oak Library, Aptos Branch Library, Porter Memorial Library, La Selva Beach Library, Branciforte Library, Garfield Park Branch Library).
Attend a Public Scoping Meeting
- Attend the public scoping meetings on July 12, 2017 from 6:00 pm- 8:00 pm at Twin Lakes Church, 2701 Cabrillo College Dr., Monschke Hall, Aptos, CA 95003. Map
- Each meeting will include a short presentation followed by an open house with information stations. Public comments may be provided verbally (via court reporter) or in writing.
- Meeting Materials: Powerpoint Presentation, Meeting Program, Comment Form
Submit Formal Scoping Comments
- Submit Formal Scoping Comments in writing by July 22, 2017.
- via US Postal Service to Soquel Creek Water District, Attention: Melanie Mow Schumacher, P.E., Associate Manager - Special Projects, P.O. Box 1550 Capitola, CA 95010
- via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To Learn About the Project
- Go to our Webpage about the Project and our current activities
- Previous Materials from November 2016-January 2016 Scoping Period
How to Stay Informed
Meeting announcements will be posted on our website, www.soquelcreekwater.org. Sign up for the District's email updates online or by getting in touch with the person listed below. If you are on the email list you will receive notifications of up-coming public review periods and public meetings. You will also be provided with links to CEQA documents.
Rebecca Rubin, Public Outreach Coordinator
Soquel Creek Water District
5180 Soquel Drive, Soquel, CA 95073
Telephone: (831) 475-8501x118