Could you go a day without water?
No water to drink or use to make your food. No water to shower, flush the toilet or brush your teeth. Firefighters couldn’t put out fires, farmers couldn’t water their crops, and fish would have no place to swim. Imagine a Day Without Water 2017 is the third annual day to raise awareness and educate America about the value of water. In honor of this day we are hosting a poster contest to raise awareness.
$50 gift card. Three winners in each category:
- Elementary School
- Middle/High School
- People’s Choice Award
- Contest runs September 4-October 2, 2017
- All entries must convey the theme of the contest: “Imagine a Day without Water”
- Must live in Santa Cruz County
- Original artwork only. Posters with copyrighted characters or images will be disqualified
- Size: 11 x 17, landscape; any posters larger or smaller in size will be disqualified
- Any medium may be used (paint, colored pencils, crayons, markers, digital, etc.) No 3-D entries, please.
- Drop-off poster and entry form by October 2nd
- Each poster MUST have the official entry form attached to the back. All information must be filled in completely and legibly. Illegible and incomplete entries will be disqualified. Please print or type ALL information.
- The winners of all categories will be announced by October 12th, 2017. Winners will be recognized at a special ceremony and their work will be exhibited in public venue(s).
- A panel of judges (to be selected by the contest sponsors) will select the winning posters for each division.
- Posters will be judged on message (keep in mind the theme), originality, creativity and overall presentation.
- Posters must be returned by October 2, 2017 to any of the following locations:
Contact Rebecca Rubin, Public Outreach Coordinator
831-475-8501 x118 or email@example.com