How to receive your water bill
The District typically sends out a monthly water bill to its customers in the mail (paper copy). We now offer e-billing which allows our customers to receive their water bill electronically by email.
To receive water bills by email: Sign-up for e-bills
Customers can still have the option of receiving a paper copy and can modify their preference at any time.
How to pay your water bill
To make things easier for customers we give you the opportunity to pay your bill in a number of ways.
- Online Bill Pay - The Online Bill Pay Program allows you to pay your bill online 24/7 from the convenience of work or home using your Visa, Mastercard or electronic check*.
- Auto Pay- Auto Pay is a service that allows you to have your monthly water bill paid automatically from your checking account or your Mastercard or Visa account.
- Phone - You can make a payment over the phone, 24 hours a day with our automated payment system. Have your water and financial account numbers handy and you can make payment with Visa, Mastercard or checking account information. Call (831) 475-8500 to access this service.
- Drop Box - The District offers two drop box locations at our headquarters office at 5180 Soquel Drive, one near the front entrance and one in the parking lot behind our office. All payments dropped into the box are picked up by 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Please include your account number and check made out to Soquel Creek Water District. No cash please. If you have received a 48-hour notice of discontinuance, payments received in the drop box after 7:30 a.m. may not be processed in time to avoid disruption of service.
- Walk-in - Payments may also be made at the District office, located at 5180 Soquel Drive, during regular business hours. You can pay your bill with cash, check, Mastercard or Visa. And, while you’re at our office, pick up some water wise brochures that offer tips on ways you can save water or a free low-flow showerhead, faucet aerator or leak detection dye tablet available to all District customers.
Online Bill Pay Program
The District's Online Bill Pay Program allows you to pay your bill online 24/7. Please have a copy of your water bill available to register for the Online Payment program. Your account number should be entered as a six digit number followed by a dash and three zeros. Please add one or two leading zeros to your four or five digit account number. Example: 00XXXX-000.
By enrolling in our AutoPay Program, you authorize your bank to automatically deduct funds from your checking/savings account or to charge your credit card on a monthly basis to pay your water bill. Enrolling in the AutoPay Program is easy and simple!
- Enter our Bill Pay System
- Sign up for our Bill Pay System using your email address and account number.
- Once registered, select the Auto Pay option, click on the account number you wish to enroll, and enter your credit card or checking account* information for recurring payments.
- Credit card or checking account information can be changed at any time by selecting the My Profile tab on the payment website. Please contact customer service at (831) 475-8500 if you require assistance.
Frequently asked questions
What is the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. The Online Bill Pay Program allows you to use the internet to access, view, and pay your water bill with your Visa, MasterCard or electronic check 24 hours a day, 7 days a week from wherever you have internet access.
Is there a fee to use the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. No, there is no transaction fee to use the Online Bill Pay Program. However, your financial institution may have a charge.
How soon will my online payment reach you? If my water service is about to be shut off, may I make an online payment?
A. Online payments made through our website post to your billing account immediately. If you have received a 48 hour notice of discontinuance, online payment must be made prior to 5:00 pm on the date indicated on the notice to avoid additional delinquent fees.
Will I continue to receive bills by mail?
A. The information provided through the Online Bill Pay Program is not as comprehensive as the tiered billing and 3-year consumption history available on your paper billing statement. For this reason you will continue to receive your billing statement by mail.
Can I write electronic checks?
A. Yes, payments can be made online using Visa, Mastercard, or an electronic check.
Once enrolled in the Online Bill Pay Program, do I have to keep making my payments online?
A. You may still make your payments by mail, phone or in person while enrolled in the Online Bill Pay Program. You may cancel your enrollment in the Bill Pay Program at any time.
What if I forget my user name or password for the Online Bill Pay Program?
A. You may reset either or both at any time. For security reasons passwords are not disclosed to District personnel, so you will be sent a new password at the email address you designated during enrollment in the Bill Pay Program.
Is it safe? How secure is my personal information?
A. Your personal data is protected through network and database security using industry standard Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt information to and from the site and other firewall and intrusion protections.
About Your Bill
Water accounts are billed every month with a standard 5/8's inch domestic meter charge of $29.42 per billing period. (Larger meters will have higher service charges; see Rates and Service Fees for details). Water is measured in units measuring 100 cu/ft (748 gallons). Conservation based tiered water quantity rates for single family residences are as follows: 1-3 units = $6.16 per unit, 4-7 units = $8.14 per unit, 8-13 units = $18.76 per unit, and 13+ units and above = $39.30 per unit. (Multi-family residences will have a different tier structure; see Water Rates and Service Fees for details).
Meters are consistently read and bills are issued as nearly as possible on the same day within each billing period. Bills are due on or before the due date specified on your billing statement. Delinquent accounts will have a $25 late payment charge added. If for any reason you fail to receive a bill as scheduled, please notify the District office immediately. Charges continue in the name of the current customer until the District is notified of intent to discontinue service. For questions regarding your bill, contact our customer service department at (831) 475-8500, Option 5, or email customer service. For circumstances requiring immediate attention or regarding late payments, please contact the District by phone at (831) 475-8500, Option 5, during business hours in order to avoid a disruption in service.
A word about Online Banking
If your financial institution offers pay-by-phone or computer-based home banking, you have the option of paying your bill through these electronic services. For information on availability of pay-by-phone or computer-based home banking, contact your financial institution. Payment made through your bank does not arrive at the District the same day funds are withdrawn from your account, so do not make your payment online if you have received a 48-hour door hanger notice that your water service is scheduled to be disconnected because of non-payment. The customer is responsible for all delinquent charges that may be assessed if payment is not received by the due date.
Notice regarding disputed bills: To initiate a complaint or request an investigation concerning service or charges, contact the customer service supervisor at (831) 475-8501 ext. 157.
* A $25 fee is charged for all returned payments.